The club was originally formed 1897 as the Port Sunlight Camera Club and was exclusively for the Staff of Lever Brothers Ltd.
In 1908 it merged with the Literary & Scientific Society and was very prominent until 1914. It lost it’s identity although mentions of it can be found until the 1930’s.
It was reformed in 1949 after World War II as Port Sunlight Photographic Club, again for the employees of Lever Brothers. Associate Memberships was allowed in 1970’s (Maximum 10% of the total Membership)
Ceased sponsorship and association with the Lever Empire in 1984 and thus became an ‘open’ club.
Changed the name in 1984 to Bebington & Port Sunlight Photographic Society.
Changed it’s name in 1988 to Bebington Photographic Society.
Joined the Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union in 1957.
|Provided L&CPU Presidents -||Bob Dennis||1997 & 1998|
|John Dougherty||2001 & 2002|
|Members on the L&CPU Roll of Honour||Tom Green||1987|
|Members Honoured by the PAGB||Ken Marsh||1991|
|Members currently on the L&CPU Lecturers List||Bob Dennis|
|Members currently on the L&CPU Judges List||Bob Dennis|
|Members currently on the PAGB National Judges List||Bob Dennis|
|Members currently on the L&CPU Executive||Bob Dennis|